1. 第十编供资为美国低收入妇女提供节育和其他生殖健康服务。 Planned Parenthood had received $60 million annually through the federally-funded program, which was 1970年颁布 during the Nixon administration. The organization has provided more than 1.5 million low-income women with health services that include pregnancy tests, STD testing, birth control, and screenings for breast and cervical cancer; federal funding was never allowed to be used for abortion services. In some rural areas, Planned Parenthood may be the only option for any of these healthcare services for women. Planned Parenthood serves 40 percent of all Title X patients, according to the纽约时报, many of them black and Hispanic women, and gets more Title X money than any other healthcare organization. Roughly four million women are covered under Title X nationwide, which provides $260 million in grants to family planning clinics.
2. 新的第十编规则将严重危及堕胎权，尽管目前的方案没有涵盖堕胎服务的费用。 Starting in 2020, clinics will not be allowed to refer patients for abortion. Abortion counseling will be designated as an optional practice, rather than the current standard, and only certain staff members will be allowed to discuss abortion with patients at all. Clinics may still perform abortions, but the procedures must be done in a separate facility. Additionally, the clinics must keep their finances separate from their abortion facilities. They have until March 2020 to open their new offices. The new rules also make it possible for faith-based and anti-abortion organizations to receive Title X grants.
3. 计划生育从第 X 章中退出的影响因州而异。Planned Parenthood 提起诉讼 against the new Title X rules in San Francisco in a federal appeals court, but the panel of three Republican judges allowed the Trump administration to enforce them in a July 2019 ruling. The American Medical Association and 20 states have joined the lawsuit; oral arguments in front of a federal appeals court in San Francisco are scheduled for the week of September 23, according to the 华盛顿邮报. States like Vermont and Illinois, where Planned Parenthood serves 70,000 patients, have vowed to step in and make up the lost funding.
4. 唐纳德·特朗普将声称自己拥有"#8220、无资金#8221;计划生育"。He didn’t. Defunding the organization has been a goal of the Trump administration, and one of his key campaign promises to anti-abortion conservatives. However, Planned Parenthood withdrawing from Title X doesn’t achieve that. Planned Parenthood gets substantial funding from Medicaid, provided by the federal government. Planned Parenthood received $500 million in Medicaid funding last year, per Planned Parenthood’s 2017-2018 报告. The Trump administration has attempted to cut Medicaid funding itself, even as it’s given tax breaks to billionaires.
5. 代理计划生育主席亚历克西斯·麦吉尔·约翰逊在一份声明中嘲笑特朗普和彭斯。“When you have an unethical rule that will limit what providers can tell our patients, it becomes really important that we not agree to be in the program… We will not be bullied into withholding abortion information from our patients,” McGill Johnson 说. “Our patients deserve to make their own health care decisions, not to be forced to have Donald Trump or Mike Pence make those decisions for them.” She also tweeted, “我们将尽我们所能，以确保计划生育患者不会失去照顾。虽然特朗普-彭斯政府可能已经放弃了你，但我们永远不会放弃。#ProtectX_#8221;
计划生育还在推特上，#8220;我们不会放弃，我们不会放弃我们的病人。被迫退出第十章 #8217将阻止我们指使或进行堕胎、规定节育或任何其他服务。我们的大门是敞开的，我们正在反对禁酒 #8221规则。